Multichoice recently launched its new and innovative service – DStv Internet. This service focuses on providing subscribers with fixed wireless access via SIM cards and Wi-Fi routers.
It has been designed to target individuals who do not have access to fibre but want to go online using a choice of devices in their homes.
According to Multichoice, DStv subscribers will be able to choose between various packages with different data options, allowing them to access the internet and stream content on connected devices.
There are currently 3 monthly data products that customers can choose from:
- 25 GB Anytime and 25 GB Night-time data.
- 110 GB Anytime and 110 GB Night-time data.
- 220 GB Anytime and 220 GB Night-time data.
This service also includes an additional product called “DStv Trusted Home”, which provides AI-driven network security and assist users with Wi-Fi management. The app was developed in partnership with MultiChoice’s digital platform security subsidiary, Irdeto and Minim.
When asked for a detailed description of what the app will allow customers to do, MultiChoice said that it would:
- Help internet users to better manage their data usage through running speed tests and managing data consumption.
- Access parental controls to ensure that children have limited screen time, in accordance with parental settings.
- Question connection requests and only approve safe interactions.
- Block attacks and malicious websites on all the devices connected to the home network.
It’s important for DStv customers to note that the Trusted Home app is only compatible with the DStv Internet router, which is included in the bundle and package offerings.
“Customer experience is at the forefront of MultiChoice’s continued product innovation. DStv Internet provides South Africans with connectivity for all their household internet requirements, giving them more convenience and choice,” said MultiChoice CEO, Nyiko Shiburi.
All DStv subscribers will be able to purchase DStv Internet online or at DStv stores throughout the country.
As part of the introduction of this new service, MultiChoice will be offering the first 20 000 customers a free 12-month subscription to the DStv Trusted Home app. After 12 months, these customers will have the option to cancel the service or add a monthly subscription fee of R30 to their DStv internet account.