Best laptops in South Africa 2020
Are you currently on the hunt for a new laptop? If you are, then you have arrived at the right place! Here, we’ll be reviewing a few of the best laptops in South Africa for 2020. Whether you are an entrepreneur, a student, a gamer, or just want a device to stream your favourite shows on – there’ll be something on this list for you! Let’s delve in.
In This Guide:
- Best Laptops in South Africa
- Best Laptops: Which one should I buy?
- What is the best internet connection for my laptop?
Best Laptops in South Africa
Acer Swift 3 (best for work and light gaming)
- CPU - Intel Core i7-8565U
- Graphics - Nvidia GeForce MX150, Intel HD Graphics 620 or AMD Radeon Vega 8
- RAM - 4GB – 8GB
- Storage - 128GB – 512GB
If you’re shopping on a budget but don’t want to skimp on quality, then the Acer Swift 3 is a good choice. This device features great performance for both work and play. It is powerful enough for productivity tasks and can also cope well with casual gaming.
MacBook Pro 2019 (best for creative professionals)
- CPU - 9th-generation Intel Core i7 – i9
- Graphics - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M – Radeon Pro 5500M
- RAM - 16GB – 64GB |
- Storage - 512GB – 8TB SSD
If you’re an iOS fan, then you’ll love the MacBook Pro 2019. Voted by many tech companies as “the best Apple laptop ever”; you can expect a slim and lightweight design that makes it perfectly portable and performance that is enhanced specifically for creative professionals.
Asus E410 (best for students)
- CPU - Intel Celeron Processor N4020
- Graphics - Intel UHD Graphics 600
- RAM - 4GB
- Storage - 128GB SSD NVMe
The Asus E410 is a great laptop for students who don’t have the funds for a more expensive device, but still want an excellent digital experience. It handles all the basics such as word processing, emails, and social media with ease.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (best for serious gamers)
- CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS – 9 4900HS
- Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- RAM - 16GB – 32GB
- Storage - 512GB / 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0
If you plan on doing tons of professional gaming, then the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 will be able to keep up with your expectations. It boasts outstanding performance due to its AMD Ryzen 4000 processors and Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics - and the long-lasting battery life is also noteworthy.
HP Elite Dragonfly (best for business owners)
- CPU: 8th-generation Intel Core i5 – i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8GB - 16GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
Designed with the entrepreneur in mind, the HP Elite Dragonfly is ideally suited to the busy business owners who are often on the move. The battery life is impressively long-lasting, the keyboard is a dream to type on, and it also features built-in LTE connectivity.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 (best laptop for Microsoft users)
- CPU - Intel Core i5 - i7 / AMD Ryzen 5 / AMD Ryzen 7
- Graphics - Intel Iris Plus Graphics / AMD Radeon Vega 9 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 11
- RAM - 8GB - 16GB
- Storage - 128GB, 256GB, 512GB or 1TB SSD
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is a stunningly designed laptop that looks good but performs even better! If you are a fan of Microsoft and use the software daily for work and home use, then you’ll enjoy the preloaded operating system that will sync well with Microsoft apps. Brilliant quality and longevity – we say!
Best Laptops: Which one should I buy?
Each laptop is designed with its own set of key features and adaptations. This means that the best laptop for you essentially comes down to personal preference. For example:
- If you plan on doing heavy gaming, then you want a device that includes plenty of RAM.
- How much storage space will you need? Do you plan on keeping high-quality photos, movies, and games on your computer? If so, you will need more storage space than if you simply plan on saving word documents.
- If you are a serious gamer, then you want a graphics card that can enhance your performance, or at the very least, keep up with it. You can opt for a lower-quality graphics card if you’re just looking for a workhorse that will help you with the digital basics.
- If you are planning on moving around often with your laptop, then a lightweight and slim design may be your deciding factor over and above performance.
What is the best internet connection for my laptop?
From ADSL and fibre to completely wireless LTE connections, there are tons of ways for South Africans to access the internet. The overwhelming part is finding the plan that’s going to suit your lifestyle best. To help set you on the right track, we can assist you with finding the best internet deals in your area. This way, you can compare prices with speed and mobility to determine which plan will meet your needs.
To use our free online quote comparison tool, simply fill in a few basic details and we’ll forward you an easy-to-compare breakdown of internet plans within minutes.